Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Waiting for Batting

   The Pretty In Pink quilt is patiently waiting for my batting and thread order, placed on Christmas Eve.  I hope to receive it next week.  In the meantime I made my binding and pieced the back together with some blocks to match the top of the quilt.  That's one of my favorite things to do, is to make the back interesting with pieces and colors used on the top.  So much fun.  I'm officially ready to get my batting and sandwich this baby for quilting.  I can't wait.



      I've been knitting on my hat and I'm about 5 rows away from the last 10 decrease rows.  I'll share a picture tomorrow of the hat with my two circular needles in it.  I split the stitches evenly on each circular needle, so each one gets 50 stitches.  It's an easy way to keep tract of your stitches that way.  The 10 decrease rows decrease by 10 stitches a row until you get to the last 20 stitches, then you just knit two stitches together for the last two rows.  At the end you have 5 stitches remaining then you weave the end of your yarn in those last 5 stitches to close up the top of your hat.