Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Flannel Purchased for Quick Blanket

    I need one more blanket that I can take from bedroom to living room so I went searching for some flannel.  I found lots of cute flannel on sale, but these panels really caught my eye.  I just purchased 6 of them to make a nice big, quick blanket.  The panels are 24" x 43/45", so three on each side for a double sided blanket will be perfect.  I love the applique look on it.  So pretty.  Five seams and one round of top stitching and I'll be done.  I can fit this project in one evening when I don't feel like working on the pink quilt.




***Edited to update on this project.  I received the flannel on December 18th and it came all in one big piece so all I had to do was wash it, fold it in half (right sides together) and sew up the two long seams and part of the short seam, turn it right side out and top stitch all around.  It took me about an hour to do the sewing.  So easy and it's really pretty fabric.