Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Fabric Yarn Is In Progress


   I cut my 1" wide (give or take) strips last night and tonight I sewed a lot of them together.  Since I'm going to be crocheting this all up I didn't worry about right sides together or making sure each end was straight, I just put them together selvages and all.  This is the ball of yarn that I have done so far.  And since I like to keep track of how much time things take (I don't know why, but I'm obsessed with time), it took me about an 45 minutes to cut the strips for this ball of yarn and another 45 minutes to sew all of these together.  I'm really enjoying making the yarn for this project.


  I didn't have a lot of pink and green fabrics leftover from the quilt because I only purchased 1/2 yard pieces to make the top, but I did find some pink and green fabrics in my stash that I am cutting into strips for my yarn.  I don't know how much yarn I will need.  I think I'll make another ball of yarn to match the size of this one and start crocheting my rug, then if I run out before I finish I can make more yarn.

   I hope to have a new bathroom rug soon.