Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

I Can Trace.

      I have had the muslin for this project for a couple of weeks and I've had the pattern even longer, but I couldn't make myself start this project because I was afraid I was going to screw up the pattern tracing.  I've never traced a pattern before, I can't draw, and I don't own a light box.  I do have a lovely sliding glass door in my dining room that gets beautiful morning light and I knew I could use this as a light box, but I was procrastinating.

   This morning I made myself get my fabric ironed, I opened my new brown pigma pen, got my painters tape out, pulled out the embroidery pattern and the instructions.  I used the painters tape to secure the pattern and the fabric to the window.  There were three pattern pages.  I taped the first page up, and didn't tape up the second page until I finished tracing the first, then I lined up the second pattern page with the bottom of the first page, taped it to the window and traced it.  The third page was the easiest.

   The morning light at 10:30 a.m. was perfect.  It took me about an hour to trace this pattern and it came out really well.  I've already selected the colors from my embroidery floss stash and I'm ready to start stitching.

    Here is my sliding glass door light box.  This is a picture of the tracing finished.



   The pattern is "Never Underestimate The Power Of A Woman With A Sewing Machine"  Here is a link to the pattern.