Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

My Finished Dishcloth Shawl

  I finished my super simple Dishcloth shawl.  This shawl is a very simple triangular shaped shawl that is made by using Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth pattern (all garter stitch with one yarn over at the beginning of each row) which is worked on the bias.  You just keep knitting until you get a nice size shawl or just until you feel like you have enough yarn to bind off the long end.  This is a free pattern on the Internet.  I found the pattern in a couple of places, this website has instructions for finishing off the last row with yarn overs to match the other two sides, which I did not do.  

 I tried to make one of these a couple of years ago using lace weight wool yarn held double but it didn't turn out very well and I abandoned it after a year of working on it.  

   I made this shawl with almost 5 skeins of Lion Brand Vanna's Choice yarn (my favorite acrylic yarn) in the Linen colorway.  I used a size 8 circular needle with a 60" cable which was just big enough when the shawl was finished.  I already had the needles and the yarn cost me about $20.00.  I started this project on March 26th and finished this morning, knitting on it here and there until the other day when I brought it out and really got going on it.  

   My shawl is very thick and feels great on my shoulders.  I could have used a bigger needle to get a little looser fabric that would have been just as nice.  This pattern is very flexible and you can use any yarn weight and any needles to make this shawl.  


No comments: