Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Christmas Tree Wall Hanging Project Moving Forward

   I finally put the binding on the two Christmas tree wall hangings that I started in March.  I did simple quilting around the trees and I'm really happy these are done




   This week I've been working on making hexies for my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.  I have all the scrappy flowers hexies ready (210) and all the flower centers (35) ready to be sewn together.  Those are the first two rounds of my hexie blocks.  I still have to make a lot more hexies for the next two rounds of my blocks.  I should have a couple of blocks to show in the next week.  This is definitely a long term quilt project.

   I'm starting a new knitting project.  There is a free pattern on Ravelry called 198 Yards of Heaven that is a pretty lace shawl.   I tried to make this shawl a couple of years ago but it did not go well.  I finished the shawl but it didn't look anything like it should have.  I'm trying again with a skein of my current favorite acrylic yarn (Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Cappucino) and a pair of size 8 knitting needles.



No comments: