Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt Start

   I have started my Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt that I have been dreaming about for a while.  The flower centers will be bright yellow, the second ring will be scrap fabrics, the third ring will be white, and the finally ring will be light green for the garden path.  This will be an ongoing quilt project for the next year or so.

    I bought a hexagon paper punch last year to make my own 1 inch hexagon papers and I did make some hexagon papers from some old greeting cards last year.  Last week I pulled out some 110 lb. cardstock from my paper stash and made more hexagon papers.  I can punch out 19 - 1 inch hexagon from one piece of  8.5" x 11.5" cardstock.

   These are my first ever hexies and they were a lot of fun to make.






No comments: