Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Just Returned From The AQS Quilt Show In Paducah, KY

   I just got home two hours ago from a lovely driving trip to the quilt show in Paducah.  My daughter and I had planned this trip for two years and we were so glad that we finally got to go.  Paducah is an almost 800 mile journey from my home so it took a lot of planning.

      We left last Monday and spent the first night in Nashville, TN.  We spent Tuesday seeing sights in Nashville and left at around 4:00 p.m. to drive to Paducah, KY.  On Wednesday and Thursday we visited all the venues of the Quilt Show, walked around downtown, saw an art museum exhibit, and a local Paducah museum exhibit, we also visited the Quilt Museum, and the Rotary antique quilt exhibit.  On Friday we drove over to Metropolis, Illinois to visit the Superman museum and statue.  We also went into Harrah's and lost $30.00 on the slots in 30 minutes.  Then we went to Hancock's of Paducah to buy fabric for my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt that I started planning before leaving on this trip.  We packed a lot of walking and sight seeing into those three days in Paducah.

     I didn't take any pictures of the quilts on display because my daughter bought me a catalog of the quilts that were entered in the show.   All the quilts were amazing and I was in awe of the workmanship on all the quilts.

    This was a once in a lifetime trip for me.  I will not be going back to the show again.  I would rather use my time and my money to make my own quilts instead of looking at what others have made.

    Here is a picture of the Ohio River I took on our walk on Thursday.






No comments: