Pages

Friday, March 24, 2023

Sun Hat To Support My Favorite Baseball Team

    I grew up in New Jersey and I was NY Mets fans.   My NY cousin told me about the team and I was hooked until I moved away.  I haven't followed baseball much since moving away but I'll always be a NY Mets fan.  Last year I started following the games more and talking baseball with my brother, who is a NY Yankees fan.  

   I love a good sun hat.  I use them in the yard and at the beach.  And they are super easy to make.  I started thinking about making myself a sun hat with Mets fabric and I got it made in January of this year.   The hardest part about making this hat was finding fabric.  

  




  I can't remember what pattern I used.  There was a free bucket hat pattern on the Mood Fabrics website that I printed off and I also bought a pattern from etsy that I printed off.  There are a lot of bucket hat patterns out there.  there are three pattern pieces and they are they are super easy to make.  I bought two yards of fabric for this and I used almost every last inch. I added the chin strap to mine for windy days at the beach.  This took me about 5 hours to make from cutting it out to finishing it.


No comments: