Pages

Friday, March 24, 2023

Another Crochet Finish

    I know its spring and it winter is supposed to be officially over but I got the crochet bug and had to make this neck warmer.  I just love the shape of this thing and its going to be perfect for those few cold days we get in winter, next year.  It's hard to see the ribbing detail in this picture, but the ribbing is there and the texture is wonderful.


     I finished this in black red heart super saver yarn because I had it leftover from the ear warmers I crocheted earlier.  Its a little stiff.  I'm going to wash it next week to see if it softens up some.  It fits well and the pattern was spot on.  I made a few more than 71 rows because I was trying to use up a skein of black yarn and it still fits good.  This took me a little while to finish because of the black yarn.  It was hard to see.  I had to have a bright light right next to my chair to work on this.  I think it took me about 9 hours to finish.  My daughter does not want one.  She hates turtleneck anything so this was a no go for her.  I did offer to make her one in a softer yarn but she said she wouldn't wear it. 

    My daughter did ask for another black ear warmer so I bought some Caron Simply Soft and I'm making her ear warmer with the knit hat pattern I converted to an ear warmer.  I cast on 100 stitches on size 7, 16 inch circular needles, join in the round, knit 3, purl 2, around until the piece measures at least 7 inches.  I bind off and fold it in half and sew the two ends together with a whip stitch. It's an easy double layered ear warmer and I know she will use it because she has used the others I have made for her.

   I also finished doing some sewing.  I made the hanger for my hats and its in the closet.  Love that I can get to my hats easily for those dirty hair days or when I'm going to be out in the sun.  I made a hair bows, some hair bow ties, and quilted zipper pouches for a friend that I will see in May to celebrate her future trip to Disney.  I used black and white polka dot cotton and red and white polka dot cotton fabric on all of those projects, I had most of that in my stash.

   I have my unfished scrappy quilt top ready to finish.  I just haven't started sewing on it yet.  I also have fabric for another quilt top that I haven't even cut yet.  I have to go through the projects box I created for all the other things I have materials for and haven't even started.  Then I can update my project list and get it in order.  I won't follow the list by number, but I may get a few things off of it this year.  

    Right now I'm just having fun.  Making what I want, when I want to.  

No comments: