Pages

Friday, March 31, 2023

I Made A Tilda Bunny

     I have been wanting to make a Tilda doll for a while.  The skinny arms and legs make me swoon.  I just love the look of the Tilda dolls.  I found a free bunny pattern on her website.  The link to the page where you can find the pattern is here.   Scroll down the page to the Easter bunny pattern, it's at the bottom.  Click on the Easter bunny pattern and it will open a .pdf page you can print and save.  Then I found a video tutorial on how to make the same Easter bunny on youtube, that link is here.

   All the material for this bunny came from my stash.  I even had the embroidery floss for the nose and the black acrylic paint for the eyes.

   This project took me about 5 hours.  It took me a long time to turn the long thin tubes for the ears, arms and legs.  It was fun to make.  I'm giving this little bunny to my daughter for Easter.  I will probably make one for me next week.

   I made a couple of changes.  I made a long dress to cover the legs.  The first dress I made was much too short, so I made her a long maxie dress with a ruffle on the bottom.   To make the maxie dress I doubled the length of the dress and added a two inch piece of ruffle on the bottom.  I also made her eyes a little larger.  I used the end of a small paint brush to make my eyes.  I like the larger eyes.  I did not put any blush on my bunny because I did not have anything I could use for the blush. 




    

No comments: