Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Pepper Shaker Tassel

 I saw a really cool tutorial on youtube last weekend on how to make a full tassel using fabrics and ribbons using a salt or pepper shaker as the holder.  The tutorial I saw used a festive salt shaker, like a santa or a snowman.  It has to be a salt or pepper shaker with a bottom that opens up to fill it so you can run the wire right through it.  

I found this pretty red pepper shaker at goodwill last Sunday for $1.99 and I made a tassel using some of my ribbons and strips of Christmas fabrics.  I cut the fabric (about 1" wide) and ribbons whatever length I wanted.  Since I'm hanging this from the ceiling fan I wanted a long flowing tassel.  I used floral wire to secure the tassel threading the wire from the top of the shaker to the bottom.  I put a red button where the holes are at the top to try to cover that up a little and ran the wire to the bottom to wrap it around the tassel pieces.  It was a quick, easy, and fun project.  



I really like the effect and I want to make some to keep out all year long.   I'm looking for alternate ways to make them like with little baskets or little metal buckets or small wood boxes.  Something I can hide the top of the tassel in but still thread wire through without too much trouble.  Can't use anything glass or ceramic unless it is already hollow with openings at both ends like a salt or pepper shaker.  I'm hanging mine from the ceiling light fixtures, ceiling fans or in door jambs so nosey cats can't get at them.



No comments: