Pages

Friday, December 31, 2021

The End of 2021, A Birthday and My Favorite Finish of 2021

 HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Another year is over and I just celebrated my 64th birthday.  I keep singing the Beatles song "When I'm Sixty-Four".  It was a low key celebration again this year.  I'm still not going out to eat in restaurants.  My daughter and I will pick up food occasionally and take it home to eat, but not often.  I didn't make  my annual rum cake as my birthday cake yet because I'm still eating Christmas cookies.  I'm going to make it next week.  Dear daughter did spoil me with gifts again this year.  I received a new printer, which I needed, a book on Florida history and a book on Florida museums, a book mark, a gift card to JoAnn's and a six pack of my favorite beer from the local brewery in town.   

I have a tie for my favorite finish of this year.  I'm really in love with the Christmas Tree garland I made for dear daughter.  Once the garland was put on the tree I knew all the effort was worth it.  



My second favorite finish is the Bringing Home the Christmas Tree Block pillows I made for me and dear daughter.  Every time I see my red car pillow I think of the red Ford station wagon my parents owned right before my father passed away.  It's one of those bittersweet memories.  The neighbors bought the car from Mom after Dad passed away (my mother didn't drive) and I would see it everyday parked on the street next door.  Very sad.   




  I've been playing with making some Valentine's decorations which I will share soon.  I had fun with some crocheting for those and I love the way they turned out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!




No comments: