Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Quilt Assembly

   I spent some of the day making the backing for the scrappy 16-patch quilt top and I now have it sandwiched and ready to quilt.  A twin size Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 batting was the perfect size for this quilt top.  I thought I would run short because of the length of my top, but I had just enough.

    Here's a picture of part of the backing with the row of blocks sewn in the middle.  I lined this row up with the center row of the quilt top.  The blue is quite washed out in this photo, it's a much brighter blue in real life.



   I will be straight line quilting this one using my walking foot.  I'll be using cream colored thread to quilt this one because I want to use up all that cream colored thread that I bought in June for my hexagon quilt.

No comments: