Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Under Hurricane Watch Making A Quilt Top

    My home is in the path of Tropical Storm Hermine which might turn into a Category 1 hurricane by the time is makes landfall late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

   I spent the day sewing up my shabby chic flowery 10" squares into a quilt top.  I bought these squares from an Ebay seller a couple of weeks ago.  The set came with 48 squares (2 each of 24 different fabrics) and I wanted 49 squares.  I found the exact fabrics at Marshall's Dry Goods and I bought a yard of one of the fabrics so I could add one more square to the group for a total of 49.  I think 10" squares in a 7 block, 7 row configuration make a good size quilt top.  It comes out to be about 66.5" square.  I'm putting this top away to finish later in the year.

   Here it is:





   Close-up:



No comments: