Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

String Block Quilt No. 2 In Progress

     I've spent a few hours in the last week making string blocks for a new scrappy quilt top for me since I gave the first scrappy string block quilt away to dear daughter.  I need 49 blocks for the top and 7 blocks to use on the back.  I have 20 done.

 
     


      As usual, I'm still trying to decide on a backing/binding fabric, but I'm working on it.  I'm hoping I run into a good sale while I'm looking at options.

     After I finish this quilt top, I will treat myself and start my half square triangle top that I bought this fabric for:







     I also spent some more time using up 100% cotton yarn I found in my stash.  I use this to make dishcloths.  I had a bunch of white and a little bit of orange and yellow so I had some fun.


   I placed an order for cotton yarn from KnitPicks.com this week.  I ordered four skeins of their Dishie cotton yarn in a beautiful light green colorway called Honeydew.  It should make some pretty dishcloths.
 

No comments: