Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

I Made Some Dishcloths . . .


   Actually, I made a bunch of dishcloths.  I've been crocheting dishcloths on and off since last week and I think I've made about 12 so far.  I've given some to dear daughter and I kept some.

   In keeping with my cotton yarn dishcloth project, I received my Dishie (190 yards, worsted weight, cost is $2.99, lots of colors to choose from)  yarn from Knit Picks.com yesterday in the Honeydew colorway.  I love this color and the yarn is pretty soft for a 100% cotton workhorse yarn.

   I couldn't resist winding* up a skein to try it out last night.  I crocheted five dishcloths, with a little leftover, from one skein of this yarn with my size I (also known as size 9 or 5.5 mm) crochet hook.  I could use a smaller hook, but I like my size I hook and I love the loose fabric that it produces.  I think the loose fabric is better for dishcloths (pattern link here) so they can dry quicker.  It takes me about 45 minutes to work up one of these dishcloths and it's time well spent while watching TV or podcasts on YouTube.

  I really liked working with this yarn and I would buy it again.




     *I always hand wind my yarn into balls to make it easier to use and to check for defects.
       I learned this from the first book I ever read on crochet in 1973.

No comments: