Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Incoming Fabric

    As usual, while I'm working on quilt tops I get the itch to plan for future quilt tops.  Today I went shopping and I couldn't resist buying some pre-cuts.  I bought a layer cake of assorted floral shabby chic fabrics from an ebay seller and a jelly roll of Lizzie's Legacy fabrics from Green Fairy Quilts.

   This layer cake will have 48 - 10" floral squares in it and I will add one more 10" square of one of my stash fabrics so I can make a 7 block x 7 row quilt top.

   Here's a picture of the fabrics:


   The jelly roll is a collection of 40 - 2.5" x 44" strips from the Lizzie's Legacy collection by Betsy Chutchian for Moda Fabrics.  I love the soft colors and the old fashioned prints in this collection.  I will be making a jelly roll race quilt with this.  I plan on adding a solid square in between each strip to give the top some interest.


   Time to get back to my scrappy string quilt blocks.

No comments: