Pages

Monday, August 15, 2016

Favorite Baby Project Ever Made


   My cousin had a baby five years ago and I crocheted a baby blanket as one of her gifts.  I wanted a blanket that was solid so it would last.  I found a basket weave crochet pattern that I liked.

    I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease yarn (recommended by the pattern writer) which was a 50% cotton and 50% acrylic blend.  I really like that yarn, it was great to work with.  Cotton Ease is now discontinued.  The Lion Brand website says Cotton Ease has been replaced by a cotton yarn called Cotton 24/7, but Cotton 24/7 is 100% cotton, not a blend.

    The link to the basketweave pattern is here:  Crochet basket weave baby afghan pattern.  The pattern was easy to follow and once I got used to doing the forward and back post stitches it worked up very quickly.  The post stitches do tend to eat up a lot of yarn so make sure you buy enough for the size afghan you want to make.

   Here's a picture of the afghan I made.




No comments: