I finally put this wall hanging up. This block has been finished for about two weeks, but I have been looking for a dowel stick to use in the back for hanging and I was having trouble finding one that was longer than 12". It's now on the wall in the bedroom and I love it. I backed the block with solid pink and created my binding by folding the extra allowance of backing fabric to the front and machine sewed it on the front. I have never done a binding like that before and it was hard to miter the corners, but with a little internet help I figured it out.
I'm working on my Christmas quilt this weekend. I should have pictures of something later today.