Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

I'm Going To Paint A Barn Quilt

   I don't have a barn to hang it on, but I'm going to make myself a barn quilt to put on my deck right outside the sliding glass door in my dining room.

   I have been wanting to make one of these for a couple of years and two years ago I bought the a 24" square piece of wood for this project, but I never went any further with it.  Today I went to Lowe's and bought all the rest of my supplies to finish this project. This is what I bought today:

    1.  Wood glue to seal the edges of the wood.

    2.  A quart of latex primer.

    3.  A paint brush.

    4.  A quart of purple paint (should have bought an 8 oz. sample instead).

    5.  A quart of light grey paint (should have bought an 8 oz. sample instead).

    6.  A quart of varnish.

    I already have the piece of wood and I have painter's tape.

    I'm going to use the hunter star block for my barn quilt.  It will be a light grey and dark purple.  I never bought paint before and I should have bought 8 oz. samples of each paint color instead of the quart of each paint color I did buy.  I'm going to have a ton of paint leftover.  Ugh.

Here's the hunter's star block.

 

   This will be fun.