Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Two Small Quilt Blocks and Two Wood Plaque Projects

     I have had this postcard from Biltmore House since we went in April 2022 and I have always wanted to decoupage it onto a wood plaque.  I painted the plaque and added the postcard with Mod Podge.  All done. 


  This riser was a spur of the moment project.  I've been wanting a riser and I've made some from plates but I didn't like them.  I was looking at different youtube channels talking about how to make simple risers and I had to try to make something I would like.  This is a wood plaque with wood beads for the legs put together with e6000, and painted navy blue.  Now I have something that was pretty simple to make that I absolutely love.  I've got my hand crocheted doilies and large white teapot on it.


  I also made two small seasonal quilt blocks for my little quilt block frame.  I made the patriotic star and the primitive pumpkin.  So simple and made from stash.



   I'm gathering materials to make garden art next week.  Glass plates, stained glass paint, with extra pretties that should look like flowers and all put together with gorilla glue onto wine bottles and placed on rebar posts.  I can't wait to see how they turn out.




No comments: