Pages

Monday, August 28, 2023

A Few Small Projects

     I've been working on my Halloween embroidered pillows this past week.  I got the embroidery pieces trimmed and I put a border on each of them.  I just have to make the backs and inserts.  

      I made 16 of these pinwheels for fall and Halloween.  I kept half and my daughter got half.  I had fun picking fabrics for the Halloween pinwheels.  So many choices.



    I finally covered three books that I couldn't part with.  I decided to use them as decor in my bedroom and covered them with this lovely green velvet I found in the clearance section of Joann's.   I used the youtube tutorial at this link.  It worked great.  They suggest you use a woven fabric but I didn't have any trouble using the velvet I bought.  These were easy to make.  I just wish I didn't buy so much fabric.  I should have done some measuring before I bought my fabric.  



   I did crochet another bobble kerchief for myself but I'm not thrilled with the results.  I used Coboo by Lion Brand and the yarn did not do the pattern any favors.  The kerchief finished all curled up and its not supposed to curl up.  Ugh.  I'm keeping it, but I want to make more with the Dishie yarn from Knitpicks.  The one kerchief I made with the Dishie yarn was perfect.

No comments: