Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Garden Art, Another Project That I Have Been Wanting To Make For Awhile

     I finally did all my research for supplies, and adhesives and started gathering them up last month.  I needed bottles and my daughter provided empty wine bottles for this project.  I ended up buying large and small clear plates on Amazon and painting them with stained glass paint (also purchased on Amazon) because our plate selection in thrift stores is sorely lacking.  Painting the clear plates was fun.  I got to make what I wanted.  These flowers were easy to make.  I only had to wait for the paint to dry, the glue to dry, and the mod podge to dry.  I made three of these over the course of Sunday night and Monday night.  They were ready to install today.  Of course I made duplicates for my dear daughter.  

   I painted the large dinner plates and the smaller plates, when the paint was dry I added the glass beads to the smaller plate with Gorilla Glue Indoor/Outdoor adhesive.   Once that glue was dry I glued the smaller plate to the larger plate and let that dry.  Then I glued the wine bottle to the back of the large plate holding it in place with shoes.  Then I applied two coats of mod podge to the painted areas of the plates.  The flower is now done.  I used a 48 inch 3/8" rebar post to place the bottle on it.  I put a piece of felt on the tip of the rebar and a piece of felt at the bottle neck.  Love these flowers.




No comments: