Pages

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Crocheted Snowflakes

     It's never too early to crochet Christmas ornaments.  I found a lovely snowflake pattern on youtube by Jonna Martinez, the link to her youtube video is here.  

     I made the snowflakes with a size 3 white crochet thread and a size D crochet hook.  Each snowflake took about 40 minutes to make.  The video is very well done and easy to follow.  

    I made a total of 13 snowflakes.  Ten for dear daughter and three for me.  Here is a picture of them blocking them with glue to make them stiff.  

    I mixed 2 parts Mod Podge with 1 part water, stirred it up and I dipped each snowflake in the glue mixture until is was soaked, squeezed all the excess glue/water out then I pinned each snowflake out on an old pillow I bought at Goodwill just for this project.  They took about 8 hours to dry.



   I've been wanting to make some snowflakes for a while now.  I never made any before.  I enjoyed making these and I would have made more but my daughter has enough handmade decorations for her tree now.  

No comments: