Pages

Friday, June 23, 2023

Air Dry Clay Success With Some Machine Embroidery Done

   A couple of years ago I bought some white air dry clay so dear daughter and I could make ornaments for her Christmas tree.  We used cookie cutters to cut out gingerbread men and stars.  We didn't get real crazy with it.  We left all the ornaments unpainted. 

   Dear daughter wants to make some of those big cement mushrooms for the garden and I have to say I want some in my garden as well.  They look easy to make.  While I wait for dear daughter to get in the mood to make the big ones, I crafted some small mushrooms from air dry clay.  These are easy to make and fun to mold.  I got the basics of working with air dry clay from several different Youtube videos, there are tons of air dry clay tutorials.  I love that organic shapes doesn't have to be perfect and my mushrooms are not perfect.  I made 5 of the mushrooms but only had room for 3 on my little tray I made. I let all my pieces dry for at least 72 hours before painting.  





   I'll be making more of these for my fairy garden that I want to construct in the future.


   I also took out my embroidery machines to finish up making some embroidered quotes for small decorative pillows for fall.  All I have to do is make up the little pillow forms, put a cute border on the quotes and put them together.  

If you got it, haunt it.


I'd turn back if I were you!


Home sweet haunted home


Let's boo this!  (for our fall Disney trip).


Happy Fall-i-days


   I've got about 12 of these little quotes/sayings to make for Christmas and I'll start those a little later in the year.

No comments: