Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2020

The End of 2020 And My Favorite Project

 My life felt a little out of control this year.  I have to say I was one of the lucky folks.  I kept my job and was very lucky to be able to work from home during the beginning of the pandemic.  My daughter also works at home so I could see her every week and socialize.  I spent time counting my blessing and keeping up with the latest information on how to stay alive.  I also tuned into some of the political talk so I could stay informed on that front.  This year was not easy and it was not fun.  I'm looking forward to better year in 2021.   

At the end of each year I like to pick out my favorite project that I finished during the year and this year my favorite project will be the one quilt I finished.  The quilt was my hand stitched grandmother's flower garden quilt in orange and pink.  The first flower block was finished on June 13, 2017 and it took me a little over three years to hand stitch the other 34 flowers, put a border on it, hand quilt it, and bind it.  I officially finished it on  July 17, 2020.  Not too bad for a girl who works full time and has a bunch of other crafts and sewing she likes to do.  




HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!



No comments: