Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

I LOVE Christmas Trees

             This is the first Christmas decoration I made using my quilting and applique skills.  I believe I made this back in 2012 when I first started quilting.  I drew the tree myself, appliqued it to the background, then I put beads on each tree for decoration.   After I added the beads, I sandwiched the top with a pieced back and stipple quilted it.   I originally put star buttons on the top of each tree, but I didn't like them so the next year I embroidered some easy lines to make small stars at the top of each tree.   I still love this and put it up every year.  I never put a hanging sleeve on it (I originally just sewed some loops on the back for hanging), so I put the hanging sleeve on it tonight and I'm getting it ready to hang.



          This is the up close picture of the beading.


              I went through all my decorations tonight and counted the number of different projects that I have made with fabric to decorate my home for Christmas.  I counted more than 7 different projects that I have created to celebrate Christmas.  I have another Christmas tree applique hanging decoration, a lap quilt, a table runner, small wreath and trees made with scraps, snowmen I made with wool and embroidery, pillow covers, and hanging dish towels, pleated trees to frame, and stuffed trees. 

No comments: