Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

I'm Still Making Christmas Crafts

I have had the materials to make this craft for a year.  I kept putting off making this one.  I thought it would be so time consuming but it wasn't.  This one is pretty easy and it only took about 2 hours to make from looking for all the materials, including the trees, the drop cloth, the twine, the glue, the glue gun and the wooden star to gluing the star to the top.


This tree


started out like this



I took the tinsel off, and added extra rings with the twine.



I clipped the drop cloth and ripped strips about 2" wide.  The ripping of the fabric gives it a nice ragged edge, I glued the material to each twine ring and each green plastic ring with hot glue putting pleats in the fabric every couple of inches.  I started adding the strips of material at the bottom on the twine ring, making sure to keep the material straight enough so it covers the bottom green ring that is the stand of the tree.  I added six strips to the tree.  It was a pretty quick make once everything was ready to glue together.  It took about 25 minutes to glue.  I did use quite a few glue sticks doing this one.  I think I used about 6 or 7 regular size glue sticks.

I have another tree this size, which is 10.5 inches tall, and an 18" tall tree to make like this.  I do need more glue sticks before I start them, but this turned out really cute.  This tree is going to dear daughter.  I will keep the other two I make.

P.S.  I found this craft on a Christmas craft video by Heidi Sonboul on youtube.  I don't have a link because I don't have it handy but this craft was embedded in a video with lots of other crafts.






No comments: