Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Long Over Due

          I have been afraid to do this and have put it off for the last 6 months. I finally broke down and made a list of all the projects I have materials for. I have 16 projects that I can work on today that I have everything I need to make it.  My project list is a nice mix of sewing, crocheting and knitting projects. Some of these projects are started and some of them are just dreams. Dreams that I have material to make come true.

          Here are the first five things on my list.

         1.    Hexagon Grandmother’s Flower Garden quilt. (already started)

         2.    Make tote bags with Hawaii fabric and canvas. (not started)

         3.    Make hanging dish towels with Bake Sale fabric and colorful towels. (not started)

         4.    Secret birthday sewing. (not started)

        5.    Knit hat. (already started)

          I put the hand sewing project at the top of the list. It's been neglected long enough. It's time I dedicate a few hours each week to work on this one.  If I see some progress on it I'll be more inclined to work on it more often.  I'm posting a picture of everything done to this point. I really like this quilt and I want to finish it.



          One project I did not put on my list is one that I do when I have a few minutes watching YouTube videos in the morning before work.  I've been crocheting some colorful thread spool doilies to share with other folks who quilt and sew.  I've been making them up with some beautiful embroidery thread I ordered last month from 123Stitch.com.  When you buy a skein of embroidery thread and it only costs $.52, you don't mind ordering two or three of each color you want.   The color selection on that website is amazing.  I love sharing these bits of color to dress up sewing machines.


            Some of the projects on the list are quick projects that will take a couple of hours from cutting to snipping the last thread.  I like those.  Others will be long term projects.

            List making is good for me.  I use them to stay focused on what I have to work on.  This list is also a great reminder that I don't have to buy any more crafting supplies for a long while.  I won't even need so much as a new card of buttons.  I have a lovely stash of fabric, stabilizers, buttons, zippers, thread, yarn, knitting needles, crochet hooks and patterns to make everything I have on my list.   I've been buying fabric, yarn, hooks, and knitting needles like a demon for the past 7 months and I should have everything I need.  The only things I do not have are batting and backing fabric for the two quilt tops on my list, but I won't have the tops finished until next year so there's no rush to get those.

             Now all I need is about 6 months off from work to craft full time.

No comments: