Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

Quilt Ladder

    I made a quilt ladder several years ago and I used some instructions I found on a blog.  I looked for that blog today but I could not locate that specific blog.  I did find lots of other instructions for making all kinds of quilt/accessories ladders that use screws, nail, glue, and rope. 

     I made my ladder with pine boards and pieces of dowel.  I found all my materials at Lowes.   The boards measure 1.5" x 3/4" and the dowel sticks are 3/4".  I bought a spade drill bit to make the holes in the boards to insert the dowel sticks.  The ladder was easy to make and very cheap.  I want to say that even with the purchase of the drill bit it cost well under $20.00.  I stained the finished ladder and I also covered the stain with a polyurethane so the stain would not rub off onto my quilts.  I love this little piece and I want to make a couple more in the future.  This was such an easy project my daughter made one for herself.  She loves hers as well. 

      I took several picture of the quilt ladder because I wanted to show it well.

      This is the quilt ladder with four quilts on it.


     I took the top quilt off so you could get a sense of the width of the ladder.


     This is a picture of the ladder where it stays in a corner of the bedroom.




No comments: