Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Super Cute Quilt Pattern Purchase

  I saw this pattern for this Argyle Runner at Connecting Threads and I had to have it.  It is super cute and I can picture it in lots of different color combinations.



  Here is the link to the pattern page.   There is also an argyle quilt pattern that has thicker sashing strips.  

   I'm putting a new project on my to do list.  I want to make a scrappy quilt top shower curtain from my stash fabrics.  I will quilt the top to a backing without any batting and add buttonholes in the top to hang it from the hooks.  I already have a vinyl liner so I don't have to worry about it getting wet when I shower.  I measured my tub opening and I can make my shower curtain quilt about 72" by 72".  I just have to decide what size to cut my scraps.

   I also found this cool youtube tutorial for a simple quilt with applique squares onto a background fabric so it looks like you pieced it.  It's super cute and it's called The Quick Little Block Quilt.  Here is the link to the tutorial.  Ms. Laura Coia has a lot of youtube sewing tutorials.