Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Glowing Dining Room Curtains

   So I finished the dining room curtain panels yesterday.  I made all 6 in one day.  It was a triumph of spirit.  I ironed them this morning and hung them.  You can see from the picture I took about an hour ago that with the light coming through they fairly glow.   One day  I will find a paler yellow to make lots of curtains out of but until then these will have to do because I'm not going to waste the money I paid for this fabric.



  Speaking of paying a lot of money for something, yesterday I mailed my Secret Santa Swap package to Western Australia.  The person I sent this package to knows she will get a package but she doesn't know where it will come from or who will send it.  It's a fun game, or at least it was a fun game until I found out the price of postage yesterday.  To send a 12" x 12" x 10" box that weighs 6 lbs. 2.9 oz., from Florida to Western Australia cost me $72.30.  Ouch!  That's a lot money.  I sure hope that box arrives safely because I can not afford to replace it.  I did volunteer to send international this year but I didn't expect the shipping to cost over $50.00.  If I had known shipping was going to cost that much I would have sent a smaller package with the required four fat quarters and a few smaller items.

   I have my fabric cut to make my 4 tote bags and a couple of potholders.   I was invited to have Thanksgiving dinner with some friends and I thought a couple of homemade potholders would make a nice hostess gift.   So I'll be sewing up the tote bags and potholders over the rest of the week.

1 comment:

Jamie Bassett said...

I love the glow! very ethereal