Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Fall Sunflower Door Decoration

    I finally finished a sunflower door decoration for use during the fall season.  The flower is made from 100% felt.  I made a petal pattern in 3 sizes for the petals and the center was cut freehand from a 6 inch circle.  I sewed the flower to cotton backing material.  I made the center with points which is different from the normal plain circle.  I also added some dark purple seeds in the center for texture and color.  I was thinking of the Van Gogh sunflowers when I decided on the blue background.




    I enjoyed making this project.  The felt was really easy to sew.  I did a straight stitch around all the edges of the petals.  I used a few pins when I placed the petals and I was really surprised that I didn't have any problem with the felt shifting during sewing.

No comments: