Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2021

Light Board Review, New Hand Embroidery Project and Knitting My Red Scarf

     I recently purchased a light board from Amazon and I thought I would do a quick review of it.  Here is a link to the one I purchased from Amazon.  I paid $39.99 for it because it was a little bigger than the $18.99 light board from the same company.  It's described as coming with a magnetic clip which is the black clip on the top.  

     Two things I didn't like about the light board are:  (1) the magnetic clip that is described is not very strong and does not hold anything in place.  I ended up using painter's tape to keep my pattern and fabric in place while I was tracing my embroidery pattern, and (2) the power cord is not very long and this board has to be plugged in while in use.  I ended up using it in the kitchen on the counter so I could have it plugged in and flat on the counter to get my projects traced.

    On the positive side, the light on the board is great.  There are 6 levels of brightness and I enjoyed using the different levels.    

     It's a good tracing tool and I will keep it. I don't know if there is a better light board out there.  I would love a light board with more clips and stronger clips and a longer cord or a rechargeable light board would be wonderful so I wouldn't have to have it plugged in while I use it.  

     So I mentioned that I did some tracing.  I started the Kathy Schmitz (she has tons of embroidery patterns and they are all beautiful) Liberty Sampler embroidery project.  I want to make two of these.  One for me and one for dear daughter.  I did my tracing with a Pigma pen.  I bought a set of these a few years ago and I used the light brown.  I even got started with the embroidery with the top border.


    After I finished the Christmas Tree garland in April I started knitting a red scarf for me.  It's a simple garter stitch scarf.  I'm using size 11 needles and it's 36 stitches wide.  I have 43 inches knitted so far.  I want to make it 72 inches long.  I have plenty of red yarn.  I think this was a huge skein of Red Heart Super Saver that I bought in April.


   I may get a chance to do some sewing this weekend and make the 10 tote bags that I have cut out from the old curtain panels.




No comments: