Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Tie Dye T-shirts and Cross Stitch Project Bags

 I had a blast tie dying t-shirts with dear daughter last week.  We both had the week off from work and spent one afternoon doing crafts at her house.  We made air dry clay ornaments for her Christmas tree and we tie dyed t-shirts.  Here are the three shirts I did.  There are loads of tutorials on youtube which are fun.  We used a Tulip dye kit that dear daughter bought.  It was a lot of fun.





Another project I worked on was to use up most of the yard of vinyl I bought months ago to make cross stitch project bags.  I finally took fabric out of my stash and made five additional big bags as well as little notions zipper pouches to match each big bag.  Most of the vinyl is now gone.  I will be kitting up my cross stitch projects and putting them in the bags as soon as I get a couple of hours.

Here is a picture of all the bags I made.  Not my best work, but they will be very useful for keeping my cross stitch projects organized.


Next up is to make sure I have zipper pulls for all 12 zippers.  I bought three Kliban cat key chains to use as zipper pulls on three of the bags.  I love the Kliban cat.  I also bought some zipper pulls from etsy this morning.  I'll probably end up using some grosgrain ribbon on some of the zippers just to get them done..







No comments: