Pages

Monday, May 3, 2021

Patriotic Projects And An Early Mother's Day Gift

   I bought 2 large American flags ($.50 each) and bought a 3-pack of 11 x 14 artists panels ($4.97) to make a patriotic decoration for me and my daughter.  I painted around the border of the panel that would show with a light blue acrylic paint ($.50 for the small bottle of paint) and then decoupaged the flag onto the panel.  These were a simple way to make a fun patriotic decoration for the summer months.  I like to display patriotic decorations from Memorial Day through Labor Day.  My door has patriotic on it from the end of May until the beginning of September.  



   I'm making is a patriotic wallhanging for me and DD with these fun friendship star blocks.  Each wallhanging is about 11 inches wide and 30 inches long.  Not too big and not too small.

    I showed these kitchen islands that I found at Amazon (link to the item on Amazon is here) to my daughter last month and asked her if she thought it would be a good idea to get two of them to use in my living room as cutting tables to replace the 6 foot long ugly folding table on bed risers that I was currently using.


   My daughter said they looked great and offered to get them for me for Mother's Day.  I immediately agreed.

    The islands are taller than my old folding table but as I was using the island  this weekend for cutting fabric I found it very comfortable and I was happy with the height.  They are working well in my living room and they each have a drawer which I can fill with sharp objects to keep them away from kitty feet.

No comments: