Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Couldn't Resist

   I know I haven't worked on my grandmother's flower garden much.  I did take those made up hexagons to Hawaii with me but I only worked on one flower the whole trip and unfortunately I never had time to finish it.  I'm going to try to break out that quilt this weekend and add to it.

    I really love the grandmother's flower garden but I'm starting to itch to sew something new quilt wise.  So when I saw this charm square set, I couldn't resist.  It's called Home Sweet Home by Stacy Iest Hsu for Moda.  It has a Goldilocks and the three bears theme and the colors are beautiful.  Just the right shades of pastels.  I love it.  I bought six packs of these to make a simple quilt top and some yardage to sash the blocks with.  I should have enough charm squares to make up blocks for the back as well.  I may not start this until I finish the hexagon quilt top but I know it's waiting for me and that may be enough to get me going on the flowers.


No comments: