Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

My New Shawl Project

   I've never knit a big shawl and last month I found a pattern by a designer that I like and I thought it would be a pattern I would be able to make without too much trouble.  I cast on last week.  

    Yesterday I was working on the shawl and I noticed a dropped stitch.  I tried to fix it but it was really hard because the yarn is sock weight yarn and very thin.  I'm not good about frogging my knitting by unraveling it and picking up the stitches, so I decided that the best thing to do was to start again.  I was going to frog the old knitting and reuse the yarn but the yarn got snagged together at the point where I was trying to pick up the dropped stitch and I couldn't get it unraveled.  I ended up just cutting the yarn and restarting the shawl from the very beginning.

    This is the Atwood Shawl (the pattern is a paid pattern on Ravelry) by Nicole Clark.  I'm knitting it on 3mm Options (nickel plated) 47" circulars with Loops and Threads Woolike in Denim Blue.




No comments: