Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Making Needlebooks With 100% Wool Felt

     Last week I received 10 different 6" x 8" sheets of 100% wool felt in shades of blue, purple and green that I bought from an Etsy seller.   I bought the small sheets to make needle books and they are the perfect size.  I love needle books and I really like the 100% wool felt for needle books, it's pretty stiff and wool is great for needles and pins.  I wanted to make one for my Secret Santa Swap partner and after I made hers, I decided to make one for myself and one for my daughter.  I used embroidery floss to put the front and back together with the classic buttonhole stitch and also to make the lazy daisy decorations on the front.  The ribbon closure is grosgrain ribbon I had in my stash.  Here a picture of the prettiest one.