Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

I Made Some Wooly Pincushions

     I took some 100% wool yarn that I wasn't going to knit or crochet into a project and I wound into a shape that is flatter than a ball, then I felted it in my clothes dryer and this is what I made.  These pincushions were really easy to make.  The part that took the longest was felting the wool.  They are on the small side, but extra cute.  I understand the 100% wool is a super material for storing needles and pins.  I gave these away to fellow quilters, but I made more.


I also have this sweet cow creamer that I'm going to make into a pincushion.  The space along the top of her back is open and I will add a wooly insert there.  I also made a pink tongue to insert in her mouth to help bring out her personality.  So much fun with wool and china.