Pages

Monday, May 15, 2023

Scrappy Quilt is finished.

    I bought 5 yards of Kona Pool (it was on sale at Joann's) for the backing and binding fabric and at the last minute decided to put a couple of rows of scrappy squares in the middle since I had to piece the back anyway.  I did simple cross hatch quilting lines.   This finished at 56 inches x 66 inches.




   With this finished quilt, I'm feeling better about my projects that are in line to be worked on and I have quite a few of them.  I decided to take inventory of a bunch of acrylic yarn I purchased in 2017/2018 from Knit Picks.  I love Knit Picke's Brava Worsted yarn for hats, ear warmers, scarves, and afghans.  I started two afghans back in June/July 2018 with these yarns but I quickly put them up.  I started a stripey ripple afghan and a granny square afghan.  I fully intend to finish each one so one night last week I pulled the large tubs of yarn out and sorted the yarns for each project.  I made a list of all the colors (there are so many colors) and how many skeins I have of each.  Now each afghan project has it's own box and I have a plan to get these afghans started up again later this summer.  Small granny squares would be a nice crochet project for the summer months since they are easy to make and won't be sitting on my lap until I put them together and I can join them together in the winter.

No comments: