Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Easy and Quick Crochet Beret

      Last week my daughter asked about making a beret for a party she was going to.  She had to dress like she was in the 1960's so she decided on the beatnik style.  I looked up how to make a quick beret and lo and behold, there was a youtube video on how to make a no sew beret from a t-shirt.  So I had to try it with a goodwill t-shirt dear daughter bought.  The instructions were not great and I didn't do a very good job with the beret but if you took some time making your pattern you could make a decent hat with the youtube video.  


    After that experience I started looking at berets I could crochet.  I love the look of a beret and I've never tried to wear one.  This will be a hat for winter wear.  I didn't look up knit berets because I didn't want to spend weeks working on it.  I knit too slow.  I found a pattern on Ravelry called the Incredibly Simple Slouchy Hat which was a free pattern with a webpage link.  The link is here.  This hat took me about 3.5 hours to make.  The instructions were very clear and easy to understand.  I enjoyed making this.  I didn't have any chunky yarn so I used two strands of Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Celestial colorway with a size M crochet hook to make this hat.  Dear daughter likes the color of this one so I'm giving this one to her.  I will be making another for me in the Navy colorway.  I'm getting a chance to use up some of that big yarn stash I organized last week.




No comments: