Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Quick and Easy Hexagon Backpack Decorations

          I recently got a new backpack for travel.  The old backpack was coming apart at the zippers and I wasn't happy.  

          I like to add charms to my backpack that I use for travel.  I sew on tabs with rings for extra space to decorate with when I run out of zipper loops to add carabiner and lobster claws.  Charms include a butterfly, a teapot, several cats, moon, stars, sun, Bugs Bunny, Snow White, and Tinkerbell. 

           In 2015 I attended the International Quilt Show in Paducah, KY and I made a hexagon flower to go on my backpack.  Dear daughter came with me on that trip so I made one for her backpack as well.  With the new backpack it was time to update my hexagon flower.    

          I make two of the hexagon flowers, this time they are identical but scrappy works as well.  I make a strap from a piece of fabric about 3" wide and about 10" long folded and topstitched, sandwich the strap between the two flowers and sew them together by machine or by hand.  This is the newest flower I made for my backpack.   




No comments: