Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Secret Quilt is Put Together And Getting Quilted This Week

    I managed to get all the stars put together last week.  I cut the coordinating fabric for the alternating squares and I put the rows together on Saturday night.  The rows were sewn into a top on Sunday and I worked on getting the backing fabric washed and dried.  I put the rows of stars for the back together and I sewed the the row of stars to two pieces of backing fabric and the back was done.  Yesterday I sandwiched the quilt and got a quarter of the quilting done.  I should have the quilting done by Wednesday.  I promise to share pictures of the quilt after it is gifted.  

   I'm very happy with how quickly it all came together.  When I was cutting up 504 half square triangles, pressing and trimming I wasn't sure how this was all going to get done because I had left it so long. 

    Here is a picture of all my stars after I pressed the seams.  There are 48 or 49 here.




No comments: