Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Embellished Gingerbread People Blocks

       My daughter and I has the best time "dressing" our gingerbread people blocks (pattern from Lori Holt Vintage Christmas book).  Dear daughter helped draw the pattern for the dress and she also came up with the idea for the bow tie for the boy blocks.  

         I used craft felt for the ties and dresses.  The felt was really easy to sew through and the solid colors are perfect.  To avoid bunching up while sewing the embellishments, I only sewed the middle of the ties to the block and the sides and the top of the dress to the block leaving the bottom open.  I knew if I tried to sew the entire thing down I would have bunching at the end of the top stitching.  I really love the girls' dresses with the lace detail.  

        I did minimal quilting around the gingerbread person to stabilize the whole thing and I gave them hanging triangles on the back so we can hang that during the holiday season.

      Here are my blocks.




    Here are dear daughter's blocks.  





      Next project.  Farm aprons.  I have some material I bought to make capri pants for me but I didn't like the pattern and I decided to use the fabric for something that will be used.  I found the pattern at Cosmopolitan Cornbread blog here.  Constance Smith of Cosmopolitan Cornbread also includes a youtube video, but the written instructions are better.  The video has a lot of unnecessary explaining in it.  It's a simple pattern, which I love, and it will be very useful.

No comments: