Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Of Pillows And Pillow Forms

     I love to make pillows with leftover fabric and quilt blocks.  When I make a pillow I don't always have a block or piece of fabric the right size for a standard square or rectangular pillow form. 

     I realized a few weeks ago that I can make my own pillow forms any darn size I want with fabric and fiberfill.  I did that today. 

     I had these leftover pieces from a Irish chain quilt I made years ago for dear daughter (2013) and decided to make a pillow with them.  I pieced the blocks, and stabilized them with a piece of fabric and few rows of stitching.  Then I made my pillow form just a little bit smaller than the front piece to allow for seam  allowances.  I stuffed the pillow form with fiberfill and made the envelope backing of my pillow cover and sewed the pillow front and back together.  So easy and fun.  Here is a picture of the original quilt and the pillow.  







No comments: