Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Scrappy Valentine Day Hearts

           I'm supposed to be working on Christmas decorations but I found a picture of a scrappy heart quilt and since it's almost Valentine's Day, I had to make a couple.  This is a  pattern on etsy that popped up when I did a Google search for heart quilts.  The picture that popped up had a nice grid and you could just count how many of square and half square triangle you need in each row.   Since it was so easy to look at and copy I did not want to pay $4.00 for the pattern.  So I guesstimated what sizes I would make the half square triangles (I used 3" squares) and regular squares (2.75" squares) and just started cutting and sewing.  The seams don't all line up but that's okay, I like it like that.  I found all this fabric in my stash of scraps and pieces and I even got a chance to use some scrap batting in them.  It sure was nice to be able to use material I already had and not have to go shopping.



          I did simple cross hatch quilting and I put two triangles on the back to slip a dowel stick in for hanging.   I'll be making more of these for other holidays as well as just decorating around the house.  I want to make a blue and yellow one for the kitchen to keep up all year round and a green and pink one for my bedroom.  I may have to make an animal print one for the cat's room as well.


No comments: