Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2019

More Quilt Fabric For A Cause

A few weeks ago my daughter, my former sister-in-law, and I took a day trip over to Panama City, Florida.  We live about 2 hours away.  We took the scenic route on Highway 98 and saw a lot of the destruction from Hurricane Michael that passed through this area last October.  It was very sad, but we wanted to show our support for the community so we went over to spend some money on lunch and souvenirs.

We always stop at Quilting By The Bay, a beautiful local quilt shop, and this trip was no exception.  I did not expect to find anything I needed because I really have more than enough fabric and projects to keep me busy for a while.  My daughter bought some supplies to make a jelly roll rug and I, of course, found these two lovely layer cake rolls.  One is batik jewel fabrics and the other is Twilight By One Canoe Two for Moda.





After shopping, we stopped at Sharky's Beachfront Restaurant on Front Beach Road for lunch.  The fried grouper sandwich was really good.  After lunch we took a walk on the City Pier just down the street from the restaurant.  It's a long pier and it was a beautiful sunny cool day for strolling over the water while watching the swimmer, surfers, and folks fishing from the pier.  Then we took the same scenic route along the coast back home.

The point of this story is that I have to add these layer cake rolls to my project to do list and make notes about what I want to do with them.  I'm going to alternate the batik squares with neutral batik squares and make a nice top with them.  I haven't decided what to do with the other layer cake but I do have to add it to the list.

No comments: