Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

My Favorite Cotton Quilting Thread

   I buy my favorite cotton quilting thread from Connecting Threads.  The 1200 yard spools of Essential Cotton normally sell for $2.79 but it's on sale now for $1.95 which is a 30% discount.  Nice. When I want to use cotton thread, I don't hesitate to use this in any of my sewing machines.  I'm now using to hand sew all the the hexagons for my current project.  I love this thread.

   I bought six more spools of the Cream colorway so I would have enough for my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.  I started this quilt top with a brand new spool of the Cream colorway.  I have used over half a spool on the two rows of the quilt and flowers I have already put together and I wanted to stay with the same thread all the way through the quilt top.

   I haven't decided how I'm going to quilt or bind this top yet so I have not decided what color thread I will be using quilting or binding.

   Here are my new spools of thread.  I should have plenty to finish piecing the quilt top.



   Here's a new spool compared to the spool used to make the flowers and two rows so far which means that six more spools should be more than enough for the five rows I have to finish.


No comments: